2003 Ballerina Print of the Month Portfolio
The 2003 Ballerina Portfolio was inspired by the painter Edgar Degas. Kim would spend hours in his studio, studying his books on painters to get ideas for his photographs. He loves the painters Bonnard, Wesselmann, Modigliani, Bosch and Balthus, but Edgar Degas and the ballerina concept stuck in his mind.
He started photographing this series using his wife Gina and her friends as models for his photographs. Then as the series progressed he wanted real dancers and real tutus! This photographic journey is one that Kim always comes back to. As you can see from the photographs he was in the studio, story boarding the series and then building and painting and photographing his sets. Kim is also painting on his Ballerina Photographs.
Kim Weston Ballet Photographs in the 2003 POM Portfolio
|January – Ballerina #3||July – Ballerina #11|
|February – Ballerina #5||August – Ballet Series 5, #8|
|March – Ballerina #1||September – Ballet Series 4, #1|
|April – Ballerina #9||October – Ballet Series 5, #13|
|May – Ballet #5||November – Ballet #6|
|June – Ballerina #2||December – Ballet Series 5, #1|
Collector’s Information – What you need to know
Carrying on with a family tradition that began with his grandfather Edward Weston.
- The 2003 Print of the Month Portfolio is a collection of 12 images, one for every month of the year.
- These beautiful and expressive 8×10, black and white, silver gelatin photographs are hand printed, archivally processed and mounted on 15×18 museum quality mat board.
- They are signed on the front by the artist.
2003 Open Edition Photographs / POM Portfolio
- The 2003 POM Portfolio contains Open Edition Photographs.
- “Open Edition” means that there is no limit to the number of reproductions that can be made of a given image.
Buy the 2003 POM Portfolio or Individual Photographs
Purchase the complete POM Portfolio (12 Photographs) or you may purchase single photographs from the portfolio collection.
Buy now and add to your collection of fine art photography!