2008 Print of the Month Portfolio “The Carmel Years” 1980 – 1990,Volume I
Kim Weston’s 2008 POM Portfolio, is selection of early photographic images that begins his journey of nude photography. Much like his grandfather Edward Weston, Kim has photographed trees, rocks and the coastline. One afternoon when he was planning to do a session with a model at Carmel beach it started raining. Since he could not photograph in the rain, Kim brought the beach indoors to his studio. This day would forever change the way Kim would photograph for the next 20 years. Inspired by famous painters like Bonnard, Wesselmann, Modigliani, Bosch and Balthus, Kim started building sets in his studio. Simple arrangements to elaborate sets.
“They are the beginning of my transition from photographing outside to photographing exclusively in the studio. To me it is a very important part of my photographic career. Here you will see the very beginning images done in my home before my studio was built. This portfolio covers my journey from house to studio“.
Kim Weston Photographs in the 2008 POM Portfolio
|January – Figure on Bed||July – Nude & Hot dogs|
|February – Nude & Column||August – Alice in Wonderland|
|March – Reclining Nude||September – Ode to Edward Weston|
|April – Nude in Robe||October – Nude & Fish|
|May – Nude on Bench||November – Nude & Eggs|
|June – Nude with Veil||December – Nude in Doorway|
Collector’s Information – What you need to know
Carrying on with a family tradition that began with his grandfather Edward Weston.
- The 2008 Print of the Month Portfolio is a collection of 12 images, one for every month of the year.
- These beautiful and expressive 8×10, black and white, silver gelatin photographs are hand printed, archivally processed and mounted on 15×18 museum quality mat board.
- They are signed on the front by the artist.
2008 Open Edition Photographs / POM Portfolio
- The 2009 POM Portfolio contains Open Edition Photographs.
- “Open Edition” means that there is no limit to the number of reproductions that can be made of a given image.
Buy the 2008 POM Portfolio or Individual Photographs
Purchase the complete POM Portfolio (12 Photographs) or you may purchase single photographs from the portfolio collection.
Buy now and add to your collection of fine art photography!