2009 Print of the Month Portfolio
“The Carmel Years”, 1980 – 1990 Volume II.
The 2009 POM Portfolio, Volume II is a continuation from the 2008 POM Portfolio, “The Carmel Years” Volume I, 1980 – 1990. This selection of photographs continues Kim’s journey and transition from photographing out of doors, to strictly inside his studio in Carmel proper. All of the photographs above originated as storyboard sketches. After Kim sketched out the series on paper he began building the sets and painting them with bold colors. He knew how these colors would translate to the black and white spectrum of a finished photograph.
After the sets were built he placed the model in the set and photographed a series of images. Sometimes up to 15 photographs were made using one set. Kim used his love of painters such as, Bonnard, Wesselmann, Modigliani, Bosch and Balthus to inspire his themes. Often times the model in the set represented himself in the finished photograph.
Kim Weston Photographs in the 2009 POM Portfolio
|January – Ode to Bosch||July – Apartment #1|
|February – Nude & Volcano||August – Apartment #2|
|March – New York #1||September – Apartment #4|
|April – Grave Yard Series #1||October – Nude & Lips|
|May – New York #2||November – Nude on the Beach|
|June – New York #3||December – Alice with Animals|
Collector’s Information – What you need to know
Carrying on with a family tradition that began with his grandfather Edward Weston.
- The 2009 Print of the Month Portfolio is a collection of 12 images, one for every month of the year.
- These beautiful and expressive 8×10, black and white, silver gelatin photographs are hand printed, archivally processed and mounted on 15×18 museum quality mat board.
- They are signed on the front by the artist.
2009 Open Edition Photographs / POM Portfolio
- The 2009 POM Portfolio contains Open Edition Photographs.
- “Open Edition” means that there is no limit to the number of reproductions that can be made of a given image.
Buy the 2009 POM Portfolio or Individual Photographs
Purchase the complete POM Portfolio (12 Photographs) or you may purchase single photographs from the portfolio collection.
Buy now and add to your collection of fine art photography!